Creating An Account
Creating an account is the first step to using the system.
- To get started, visit OnStarVehicleInsights.com. Select “Sign Up”. Enter your information.
- View and accept the User Terms and Privacy Statement
- An activation link will be sent to the email address provided. Click on the link in your email to activate your account Note: This link will expire in 48 hours.
- Create a secure password, then select “Done”
Editing Your Profile
Editing Your Profile
To make changes to your profile information, click on your profile icon in the upper-right corner of the home page, then select “View Profile” then select “Edit Info”.
After you’ve created an account, you’re ready to add your vehicles.
- Select the “Vehicles” tab from the left menu on your OnStar Vehicle Insights home page
- Select “Add Vehicles” to begin onboarding vehicles (or select “+” in the upper right corner to add additional vehicles)
- Enter your fleet’s Vehicle Identification Numbers (VINs) using one of the following options:
- Manual Entry: Enter VIN data individually or copy into the entry form
- Import Using the Upload Tool: Import your information (for best results, up to 20 VINs at a time) automatically by uploading a .CSV file
- After reviewing and addressing any errors, select “Import”
- Before vehicles will show up in the vehicle menu, VINs will be validated for ownership against the OnStar email address or the OnStar Fleet Account Number. Click the “Pending Action” icon and then click the arrows for more details about the status of each vehicle
- Your fleet will now appear in the Vehicles menu while the
configuration process is completed Note: During the configuration period, the system will attempt to make contact with each vehicle’s connected service hardware. This typically takes about five minutes, but may take up to 48 hours in some cases. Check the “Status” if the vehicle status shows “Configuration Error” or “Waiting for Ignition” and there is an ‘!’ icon next to it, your driver may need to take action.
Personalize each vehicle in your fleet by adding a name and other information for easy identification.
- Select "Vehicles" from the main menu
- Within your list of vehicles Click on the vehicle you would like to make a profile for
- Click “Edit Info”
- Add the vehicle profile information and click "Save"
Add Drivers and Fleet Managers
Invite drivers and fleet managers to access the OnStar Vehicle Insights system. This allows you to set up permissions, associate drivers with their vehicles, assign managers to their fleets/regions and allow managers to input VINs and other information.
- Select the “Drivers” or “Managers” tab from the left menu on your OnStar Vehicle Insights home page
- Enter the driver or manager’s email address and select “Invite”
- The Driver or Fleet Manager will receive an invitation by email to create an OnStar Vehicle Insights account tied to your fleet
- The Driver or Fleet Manager will complete the process outlined in “Creating an Account”
To access the Driver role a Driver must be invited by their Fleet Manager. A Driver has access to OnStar Vehicle Insights through their mobile web browser or our mobile app.
Available on select Android devices. Service availability, features and functionality vary by vehicle, device and the services selected. Terms apply. Device data connection required. See onstarvehicleinsights.com for details and limitations.
- Driver will receive a Welcome email and must click the “Accept Invitation” link from their mobile phone to be directed to app.onstarvehicleinsights.com. Note: Link is active for 48 hours
- Next they will be directed to create a password and after clicking "Done". They will now be logged in to the system.
- Once logged in, drivers can update their profile, see assigned and available vehicles, and review their trip history and notifications. Note: Vehicle Check in/Check out must be enabled for Drivers to see the list of vehicles that are available for check out.
Locate each of your vehicles in real-time by choosing "Maps" in the main menu. Click on the vehicle in the map to find out which vehicle is at that location. You will also be able to view the current fuel range, speed, odometer, vehicle diagnostic health and access remote commands.
See how individual vehicles are performing or all the vehicles within a sub fleet. Simply click on “Fleets” and select from the dropdown menu.
- Select "Performance" in the menu
- Click on “Measure Settings”
- Check each of the performance measurements you would like displayed on the performance measurement page
- Click the “X” in the top right corner when finished
Available Performance Measures
- Vehicle snapshot: Current snapshot of vehicle statuses (e.g. Issues, non connected, diagnostic issues, pending configuration, configuration error, waiting for ignition)
- Distance Driven: Total distance driven for all vehicles in the account
- Fuel Consumption: Monitor the number of gallons of fuel over the last 7, 30 or 60 days
- Fuel Economy: View the top and lowest performing vehicle by miles per gallon over the last 7, 30, 60 days
- Low Oil Life: Monitor the oil life in each vehicle
- Diagnostic Issues: Total number of vehicles with active diagnostic issues
- Checked-Out Vehicles: Vehicles currently checked out by drivers
- Driver Behavior: Displays average driver scores over a given time Note: Drivers must be assigned to vehicles to use this measure
- Trends: Displays multiple fleet metrics over time
Monitor and analyze your vehicle performance by gaining insights through the robust reporting.
- Select the “Reports” from the left menu on your OnStar Vehicle Insights home page
- Select one of the report types from the drop-down menu
- Select which vehicles that should be included in the report
- Select “Download”, your report will now be available as a .CSV file
Creating a Sub Fleet
Categorize each vehicle in your fleet by creating sub fleets.
- Select Account from the menu
- Select “Sub Fleet”
- Click on “Create“
- Add a Fleet Name
Adding Vehicle(s) to Sub Fleet
- Select Account from the menu
- Under Sub Fleet click on "View"
- Click " View" next to Vehicles
- Add vehicles individually by selecting vehicle name and then clicking "Add"
- You can enter multiple vehicles at once by checking the box next to each vehicle needed in the sub fleet then click “Onboard”
- Enter vehicles individually from Vehicle Profile by clicking “Edit Info”
Adding Manager(s) to Sub Fleet
- Invite another manager to a sub fleet from within that sub fleet
- Click on “Managers” and click add button if empty or “+” if there is a manager grid for that sub fleet
Adding Driver(s) to Sub Fleet
- Select “Drivers” from within that sub fleet
- Click on “Add Driver” (on button if empty on “+” if there is a driver grid for that sub fleet)
Select “Subscription” to view your account information:
- Current subscription
- Billing and Invoice Information
Just click on the on the person icon in the upper right corner. There you will find Frequently Asked Questions. Have a specific question? Select “Help” to email an advisor.
If you would like to speak with an advisor, call our help line at (833) 266-6565.